Monday, October 15, 2012

it's teen read week

October 14 - 20 is Teen Read Week. It's a time to celebrate reading for fun... reading in all its wonderful forms: books, magazines, e-books, articles, on-line, etc.

Some of my top teen picks include:

The Fault in our Stars by John Green

Every Day by David Levithan

Miss. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 
by Ransom Riggs

Divergent by Veronica Roth

The Diviners by Libba Bray

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

A great book to read together with your teen this week is The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker.
“It still amazes me how little we really knew. . . . Maybe everything that happened to me and my family had nothing at all to do with the slowing. It’s possible, I guess. But I doubt it. I doubt it very much." ~The Age of Miracles 
Another great idea would be to share online articles or magazines on a subject your teen is passionate about. What cool things can you learn together this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment