Thursday, November 20, 2014

Rain Reign

I was at a board (bored) meeting (meting) on Tuesday and my friend, Patti, gave me this great (grate) book recommendation...


Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin




I loved this book.

From the very first chapter: Who I Am - A Girl Named Rose (Rows), I knew this book would be cleverly amazing.

Rose has an "official diagnosis" of high-functioning autism, Asperger's syndrome. She is obsessed with homophones, prime numbers, and rules.

I don't think there will be a middle grade book list that won't include Rain Reign this year.

The wordplay is unique and would make this book a fun read aloud.

But, be warned: this book will require an accompanying box of tissues!



Get this book for the middle grade readers you know. Get it for the animal lovers in your life. Get this book for anyone who loves to have their spirit soar (sore) as their heart breaks (brakes).



No comments:

Post a Comment