Thursday, February 12, 2015

That's the truth.

"The mountain was calling me. I had to run away. I had to."


 I read Dan Gemeinhart's debut novel, The Honest Truth. This book is full of how unfair it feels to try and control the uncontrollable. Luckily, there are angles among us that can lend a hand in so many small ways.

I picked up this book based on a Goodreads blurb from Donalyn Miller:

"A spare, beautiful story about the importance of love and life in the face of death. The friendship between Mark and Jess touched me, and Beau joins the Pantheon of unforgettable dogs in books. A must-own book."    - Donalyn Miller, the Book Whisperer

The Honest Truth is an adventure journey that does not disappoint, and Beau definitely is an unforgettable dog. I was left gasping for breath with my hands on my heart at the end of Chapter 12. Let me know if you were too!


This is a wonderful story about living the big questions and the small moments. I loved it. Middle-grade readers will love it too.
"I didn't say anything. Sometimes even the right answers sound wrong if you don't like the question. That's the truth." -Mark, The Honest Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment