Friday, June 15, 2012

be someone's hero

wait, wait, wait... no, no, no...
It can't end like this!


If you could change the end of a book, which ending would you change and how would you change it?




I just finished reading One For The Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt. It was a great book, so great. But the ending... I don't want to give anything away because you should read this book. You should definitely read this book. I just wanted the ending to be different.


Or... maybe I wanted to be told more. I wanted to know more. "Please don't stop here!" I wanted to shout to the author. What else... How did... And then...


Lynda Mullaly Hunt left it to me (and to you) to think up "the rest of the story".


Carley Connors future is left to your imagination. 


I loved so much about this book. I loved Carley and Mrs. Murphy and Toni and Michael Eric. The awesomeness of Mrs. Murphy is something to aspire to.


The writing was simple and clever and quick-paced. The story was so engaging that I read it faster than I could make highlights on my kindle. I'm planning to read it again... slower this time. I want to catch "what a clip" it was written in... 


Did you know there is the word 'lie' in the middle of 'believe'? Did you know that pals spelled backward is slap? And... the word 'friend' always has an 'end'. You will after reading One For The Murphys.


After you read this book, please let me know what you thought. Would you have wanted to know more at the end? Or... after finishing the book, has your imagination created possible futures for Carley and the Murphys and Toni?


I'd love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment