Tuesday, June 5, 2012

courage for a day

Finish this sentence: 
If I could be any book character for a day, 
it would be ________because________.






Hmmmm.....
If I could be any book character...




I guess my initial thoughts go to Katniss Everdeen or Beatris Prior. What would it feel like to be so brave, and yet have so many hardships thrust upon you?




Then I think, no... I would be Scout (Jean Louise Finch, from To Kill a Mockingbird). What would it be like to be an objective observer in an unjust situation? What would it be like to have a hero for a father and an idealistically brave brother?


But in the end...


I think I would be Summer Dawson from the book Wonder. She's a great person. Someone I aspire to be like every day, not just for one day. She  has courage. She is kind and compassionate and empathetic. She's extraordinary.
I guess, I choose courage over heroism and bravery.


Who would you be... for a day. Why?


No comments:

Post a Comment