Friday, February 10, 2012

and one fine morning


I'm re-reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald before the new movie comes out in December.
In the 2012 remake, Tobey Maguire will play the Fitzgerald-like character, Nick Carraway. And, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby will be played by Leonardo DiCaprio.


The first sentence:
"In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since."


Read that sentence out loud... Can you hear the rhythm in that sentence? I love it.


Oh, and here's the advice that his father gave (in case you were wondering) :


"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

No comments:

Post a Comment